Monday, August 24, 2009
The Incredible Ability of Facebook
So, I spend a lot of time everyday on facebook. As a teacher, I at first thought that I should get rid of my account, but then I decided to use it as tool to help my kids. I have been able to use facebook to help tutor my kids from the past few years in their college courses, and help them out last minute. It is not just a social networking site for me, but a way to make sure that all my students succeed in whatever do. I am able to help them at a drop of a hat when it comes to math problems, especially when most of them take the college course very similar to Advanced Algebra and Trig that I taught them in high school. It is a great feeling when your students reach out to you a year or two later to help them better understand their math. It sorta makes me feel that I have accomplished one of the things every teacher accomplishes, the ability to reach out and make an difference in my students' lives. I obviously made some type of impact if they are reaching out to me a year or two later right? It is also a great feeling when they message me saying that they remember that I had a goofy saying to remember a certain topic or they remember learning it in my class, they just forgot the trick I taught them. That means that I actually got them to pay attention!!! I know I am silly about this, but it really does make me feel like I am making an impact. Anyways, I just thought I would share my thoughts on facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment